Monday, October 11, 2010

$20 Challenge

These days $20 doesn't seem to go very far. But if you look carefully and choose the right store its amazing what you can find for you and your family. That's where K-Mart comes in. They are challenging bloggers to go through their latest catologue and find items for $20 for the family. Well I am going to take them up on this challenge. I am a bargain shopper (you have to be with 5 kids) and love K-Mart for this reason.
I started thinking well Christmas is coming up and our budget will be tight this year as we have moved and are now paying more rent, so I thought if I had just $20 on something fun such as toys and lollies and an outfit or a piece of clothing for each of the kids in the family what would I buy.




Joshua who is 12 years old:

Something for fun -  
Lollies are always a hit.
Josh would love this because he can be really creative and would think it is pretty cool.

 A clothing (swimsuit - because we now live at the beach):
I may have to go a $1 or $2 over the $20 because Joshua is now into the bigger sizes but still pretty close to the $20 mark.
 Nicola who is 10 years old:
 Something for fun -  
Nicola loves craft and would love either of these 3 things.
Of course because Joshua got lollies Nicola would get some as well.

 Clothing (swimsuit - because we now live at the beach):
This is a great bargain. Nicola would love these.


Matthew who is 8 years old and Samuel who is 5 and half years old, who are similar in size and have the same taste:
Something for fun -  
They would have so much fun on these skateboards - I would get the Ben 10 one for Matthew and the Cars one for Samuel.

  Clothing (swimsuit - because we now live at the beach):
Great value.



Jessica who is 3 years:  
Something for fun -  
I would get Jessica the Dora the Explore  because she love Dora.

 Clothing (swimsuit - because we now live at the beach):
These are so cute and the price is great as well.
So all up it would cost us about $170 to give each of the kids their presents for Christmas, which is pretty good value for 5 kids, and we didn't break the bank.

I put it to you-  could you take the $20 challenge for your kids at K-Mart? Why not check them out and see how much you can save. 


    4 comments:

    1. Thanks for participating in the challenge. Good luck!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thanks for join Fowllow me Monday.
      Have a nice day.
      Nan
      http://beonefineday.blogspot.com
      http://qualitytime-nan.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    3. Cool - some nice bargains there and an extra $20 sure is a nice thing to have. Glad I "hopped" here and nice to "meet" you! :-)

      ReplyDelete
    4. Oh, I love a bargain and I love your blog!! Thanks for this post. SO glad I found you.

      Stop by sometime ~ I love to remind my mommies that being fabulous does not have to stop once we answer to the name "mom!" Remembering what's truly important (the love surrounding us) and not forgetting to cherish ourselves and our feminine wiles at the same time!

      I'm all about mixing designer with great (money saving!) vintage/thrift finds, as seen here, here, and here. Would love to see you there!

      xx

      November Grey

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I really appreciate it. Looking forward to reading what you think. God Bless