Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Fabric Flower Tutorial

I found saw this fabric flower tutorial on a blog but for the life of me do you think I can find it now. So I decided to try and do it from memory. It actually turned out pretty good.

 1. First I cut out a square piece of material.
 2. Then I found something round to trace a circle onto the material.

3. Then I cut out strips of material that I would use to make the flower out of. Due to  not being long enough I sewed them together with french seams.




4.Then I started to sew the strips of material on the square piece. Whilst doing this you need to add pleats as you go. If you stop each time you go over your pleat then make sure the needle is still in the fabric, lift up the foot and add the next pleat. Then put the foot down again and sew until you have just gone over the pleat. Then repeat the same process as you go round the circle.









 Now I want to make smaller ones and I can put them onto some hair bands. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. I really appreciate it. Looking forward to reading what you think. God Bless