Welcome To Happy Tuesday Blog Hop
This poem is probably one you have already seen before but I love it heaps.
Footprints in the Sand
One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
other times there were one set of footprints.
This bothered me because I noticed
that during the low periods of my life,
when I was suffering from
anguish, sorrow or defeat,
I could see only one set of footprints.
So I said to the Lord,
"You promised me Lord,
that if I followed you,
you would walk with me always.
But I have noticed that during
the most trying periods of my life
there have only been one
set of footprints in the sand.
Why, when I needed you most,
you have not been there for me?"
The Lord replied,
"The times when you have
seen only one set of footprints,
is when I carried you."
Copyright © 1984 Mary Stevenson, from original 1936 text, All rights reserved
2. So I can follow you back, please make sure and leave a comment (below on this post) saying that you are a new follower and also leave a link to your blog. You can leave me a comment if you are already following so I can visit you and see what's happening.
3. Add your blog name and the URL to one of your favorite posts on the Linky below.
4. Optional if you have something please post an inspirational story or poem for others to read to help inspire others.
5. Please follow at-least 2 blogs on the list that appeal to you
6. Your blog must be family friendly ONLY. Explicit sites will be removed from the list.